Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Philadelphia



One of Emma's friends recently passed away in the Philadelphia area. Emma flew out to spend time with his family the week before the funeral. I flew out a few days later. Emma's Mom planned a big dinner the night I flew in. I was able to meet Emma's Grandmother, Aunt's, Uncle's, and cousins. It was nice meeting everyone! The next day, we went to Nathan's funeral, which of course was sad. There were so many people there. There weren't enough seats for them to all sit down and it was a big church. Nathan had touched so many people in his 33 years of life; probably more than most people do in 100 years. I wish I had the chance to meet him. Before leaving, we were able to visit Valley Forge and play cards. On our way to the airport, Gram, Debbie, Craig, Emma, Janice, and I ventured into Philadelphia and visited the art museum where Rocky posed for that iconic moment at the top of the steps with his arms raised in victory. They also took me to the apartment that was used in Rocky I. We ended our tour of Philadelphia taste testing famous Philly Cheesesteaks which was a lot of fun. 


No comments:

Post a Comment