Saturday, October 17, 2009

Diamonds are a Girl's Best Friend

I knew I couldn't propose to Emma in a traditional or predictable way. She is way too special and she would know what I was going to say before it came out of my mouth. So I decided to do something a little different. Christa, one of our close friends, had been traveling in Africa for the last few weeks and came home on thursday night. We all went out and chatted and had ice cream together. The next day I decided to take off work and spend the day with Emma and Christa, just hanging out. We ended up at Emma's house and Christa suggested that Emma show her the anniversary DVD I made for her a month ago, since Christa hadn't been around to see it yet. I went into the kitchen to make a margarita for the girls. They enjoyed the DVD and had a lot of laughs and nice things to say about it. When it got to the "end"... or at least what used to be the end of the DVD there was a lot of new stuff that Emma had never seen before. I'll leave it up to your imagination.. or you could watch the DVD for yourself.

I attached it to the blog. If you have a cable modem you should be able to play it quickly. It is split into two parts because it was a little too long to put on youtube in one piece. We are also sending out copies to family so they can be a part of our lives, even though they live so far away.

Emma was in shock, it took her a long time to even stop looking at the TV. I got down on one knee and proposed to her. She lovingly accepted. It took awhile for her to even look at the ring, she was just so happy. Christa and I were in tears, but Emma was just in shock. Christa took some pictures of us right after this happened. Emma was still shy about showing the ring, she's not a material girl (but it is exactly what she wanted... a one of a kind symbol of our love for eachother).








3 comments:

  1. So sweet and creative. Congratulations!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations! You look so active and happy together. Can't wait to see you both at Christmas time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is wonderful news! We can't wait to meet Emma and welcome her into our family :) -Kara, Joel, Aidan & Theo

    ReplyDelete