Sunday, March 21, 2010

Christmas 2009 (In Michigan)

This Christmas, Jason and I flew to Michigan to celebrate the holidays. We had such an amazing time! We first celebrated with Jason's Dad, Cecile and Jason's four sisters! Yes, four! Kara, her husband Joel, and their two boys Aidan and Theo. Melanie and her husband Bebo, Megan, Christina and little baby Harleigh. We played games, ate a yummy Vietnamese noodle dish (Cecile...YUM!), laughed, slept in and got to know one another. Santa visited us all! It was super fun to be able to hold Harleigh and to hang out with Aidan and Theo...I love little ones! Then Jason and I went and celebrated Christmas with Jason's Mom, Cindy! When I first met Jason I was in awe... what an amazing man... my next thought was... who is his mother? She too, must be amazing to have raised such a well rounded and loving man. I was right! We also celebrated with Tanya (Jason's cousin) and her brood; Jared, Reily and Hannah... what an awesome time! We went to a museum in Grand Rapids for "A Night at the Museum." I was able to learn more about Michigan, which was great because I didn't even know where Michigan was before I met Jason... Cindy also took Jason and I out for a great Indian dinner to celebrate our engagement. Let me not forget, Josephine... Cindy's pug! I felt so welcome and at home with everyone. I can't thank you enough for welcoming me in to your home and also in to your family. Jason is, in part, the man he is today because of all of you. I am so blessed to be sharing my life with him-I look forward to the opportunity to get to know all of you better. Lots o' love-Emma


No comments:

Post a Comment